rental terms conditions
We at On Yer Bike Winery Tours will do everything to make sure your rental experience is a success and that you will have a great time. In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
Duration of hire and penalty for late return.
When you book a bike through this website you have agreed to and confirmed the date and start time of the rental agreement. The start times will be either 10:00am, 11:00am or 12:00pm. We will not accept pre-booked hires after 12:30pm.
We would like you to be at our offices 15 minutes before your designated start time. This allows us to complete hire forms and conduct daily briefings.
If you turn up late, you will still be expected to pay the sum you agreed at booking. You will not be forwarded a cheaper price because you turned up an hour late. Consequently if you have booked a time an turn up more than 30 minutes early, you may be charged the amount for an earlier booking.
All hires are to be returned on or before 5:00pm on the day of hire.
If the renter fails to return the equipment on or before 5pm on the day of hire, they agree that On Yer Bike Hawkes Bay Ltd reserves the right to charge an additional penalty fee of $10 per hour per bike, or part thereof, to them for any unauthorized extension of their hire in addition to the current daily rental rate. You will agree that On Yer Bike Hawkes Bay Ltd reserves the right to seek reparation of additional penalty fees from the person who initially made the booking and paid the deposit, if not settled by the renter when returning the equipment.
Use of the bicycle.
The renter accepts the bicycle in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return the bike in equally good condition, and to ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations outlined in the Land Transport Act 1998, as well as committing himself/herself:
- Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
- Not to ride the bicycle in a manner it was not designed for i.e. wheelies, skids, jumps or bicycle tricks.
- Not to ride the bicycle in a manner that may endanger the rider or other persons or road users.
- To return the bike to On Yer Bike no later than 4pm on the day of hire. A late return will be charged if the bike is returned later than 5pm on the day of hire of NZ$10 per bike per hour or part thereof for any unauthorized extension in addition to the current daily rental rate.
- To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd. In case any equipment hired out is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, the renter agrees to pay On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be as per the insurance section of this agreement and charged at the time of the rental.
- The renter is personally responsible to pay the excess on any insurance claim for loss or damage arising while they have the bike for hire.
- The renter agrees to comply with all Ministry of Transport and Police requirements when operating the bike, and in particular agree to wear the approved safety helmet supplied by On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited. The renter is personally responsible for any traffic infringements occurring while they have the bike for hire.
- The renter agrees not to operate the bike when I am intoxicated or under the influence of any drugs.
Rentals are available between 10 am and 5 pm, from Monday to Sunday (11 am to 4 pm Wednesday to Sunday from May to September). The return of all equipment must be made during this period or an additional fee will be charged for each late return.
Charges for use / Insurance.
The renter agrees to pay current daily rental rate as printed in store or on this website, less any deposit paid online.
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride or tour. It is also recommended that this insurance cover you in the event of cancellation of your trip.
Visitors to New Zealand must have full insurance due to limited ACC cover.
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the following additional fees will be charged:
– bikes lost/stolen: NZ$450 – Saddle: NZ$45 – Helmet: NZ$50 – wheel: NZ$75
Repairs and Maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a replacement bicycle.
Please read our full refunds and cancellation policy page.
Once a hire has started no refunds will be entertained.
In the case of parties or groups that have booked in excess of their attended numbers, any bicycles booked but not taken, On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, reserves the right to retain any deposit made.
If the booking was made and paid for in full, and any amendment to the booking was communicated at least 24 hours prior to the hireage, On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, reserves the right to retain a $10 administration fee and will refund the remaining monies. If no communication was received or reduced attendance was noted on the day, On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, will keep all monies paid in regards to the booking.
Use of own bicycle
If you have booked a group of people to come on our winery tour and we have reserved bikes for such purpose and you or one of your group intends to use your/their own bicycle and helmet, we will charge the full daily hire rate amount as if you/they had taken one of our bicycles and helmets.
Additional people joining a booked tour.
If you have booked a group of people for our winery tour and additional people wish to join the tour and intend to use your/their own bicycle and helmet, On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, reserves the right to do either of the following:
- Charge a fee of $10 per additional person on their own bicycle to join our tour. This will cover administration, access to private land when available, wine collection and parking their vehicle.
- If such person(s) refuse to pay the above-mentioned fees, then On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd, reserves the right to downgrade the original booking(s) of the affected group or individual from a full day winery tour to a basic bike hire on an hourly rate that has been prepaid for the full day. This also means the group/individual(s) forfeit the right to wine collection and access to private land.
Accidents and Release of Liability
In consideration of the risk of injury while using a bicycle the renter accepts that they are voluntarily participating in this activity and are aware of the risks of participating in this activity and are renting the bike entirely at their own risk and agree that On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its directors, its employees and agents will not be liable for any personal injury, damage or loss the renter may incur or suffer as a direct result of participation in the this activity, including traveling to and from this activity.
If at any point, the renter rides with or without permission across private farmland the do so entirely at their own risk and agree that the land owners or On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its directors, its employees and agents will not be liable for any personal injury, damage or loss the renter may incur or occasion whilst on private land.
The renter is personally liable for the cost of any damage caused, either to the bike, or to themselves and any other person, or to property, while I have the bike for hire. I hereby indemnify On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Limited, its employees and agents and Philip and Chris Wilcock, from all liability for loss or damage caused to myself, other persons or property arising through the use of the bike.
The renter agrees to indemnify and hold harmless On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by the renter or anyone on their behalf, including legal fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by the renter or by anyone else acting on their behalf. If On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd incurs any of these types of expenses, they agree to reimburse On Yer Bike Hawke’s Bay Ltd.
The renter acknowledges that this Activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, spectators and other road users.
Stated rates may be subject to change without notice until payment or deposit has been made and confirmation provided. All prices quoted are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.