Tandem Bike Hire this Winter
$110.00 – $98.00 per day
Take a tandem bike this winter – its always fun on a bicycle made for two. Enjoy a ride around the local wineries tasting wine?
Once you get the feel of the tandem, they are a lot of fun.
11:00am to 5:00pm**
1-5 Km between wineries
Choose wineries en route*
A few places for lunch
From $110.00 per tandem
* Dependant on day – some wineries may be closed. **Winter hors from Easter to October
Tandem Bike hire overview
Meet up at our shop located on a vineyard in the heart of Hawke’s Bay’s premium wine growing regions. One of our team get you familiar on how to operate the tandem bike.
Plan a Route
We will take you through a map of the region and the wineries you can visit. Allow 4-5 stops for wine tasting.
Hours of Fun
Visit each winery and try some delicious wines. Have lunch overlooking the vines and remember to get a bottle or two to enjoy later.
11:00am start (up to 6 Hours) $110.00
12:00pm start (up to 5 Hours) $98.00
Places to Eat on your winery tour
The Kitchen at Oak Estate is using mainly local ingredients to prepare wonderful flavorsome dishes. The Pantry is full with home made Artisan products.
Open Thursday to Saturday
To Book Call: 06 879 7019
Te Awa Restaurant
Focused on delivering memorable and unique experiences, expect intimate tastings, exceptional service paired with culinary small plates designed by renowned Chef Stephen Tindall.
Open Tuesday to Saturday
To Book Call: 06 879 7602
A hearty feast from a boutique wine maker’s table. Enjoy simple, but elegant food whilst watching the kids entertain themselves in the playpen.
Open Saturday and Sunday
To Book Call: 06 879 7913
- Hire includes: Bike hire and helmet from 10am to 5pm (11am to 4pm in winter), route map, and roadside assistance.
- Hire does NOT include: Tasting charges that apply at wineries. Transfers from or to accommodation. Collection of purchases from wineries.
- There is a wine tasting cover charge at each winery you visit of between $5-$8 per person, which is redeemable against wine purchases.
Please Note: Cycling is an outdoor activity and we operate in both rain and sunshine. Please bring appropriate clothing for the intended weather forecast.
Online bookings close one hour prior to departure on the day of booking. If you are looking for bikes after 10am on the day of departure please come to our offices and see what is available.
Reservations may be canceled by email up to 24 hours prior to the reservation date. Please see our Cancellation and Refunds page for more information about refunds. If cancellation is within 24 hours or on the day, no refunds will be given.
Hours of Rental
Rental time is from the hour selected during booking until 5pm – All bicycles must be returned by 5pm. Failure to do so will result in a late fee of $5 per half hour, or part thereof, until bikes returned.
Location of Rental
- All rentals start and finish at our offices. We do not take bikes to other locations and will not collect bikes from other locations.
- Customers must be present at pick up to sign a liability release form.
- Helmets are required to be worn at all times.
- Please read our rental and cancellation policies prior to reserving bikes.
Comfortable and easy
Cruise with ease