Explore the wineries of the Gimblett Gravels Wine District
- A comfortable e-bike, hybrid bike, or tandem.
- Hemets provided
- A route map and briefing.
- Roadside assistance in case of flat tyres.
- Collection of purchases from wineries
Hire does NOT include:
- Tasting fees at wineries ($10-$20 per person per winery visited).
- Transport from or return to accommodation
Each winery in the Gimblett Gravels Wine Region offers a unique insight into what the region produces. You’ll be warmly welcomed by the local winemakers and offered samples of some of the region’s finest wines. Each winery has its own unique charm, ranging from sleek, modern facilities to rustic, barn-like structures. The wines themselves are exceptional, ranging from bold and full-bodied reds to crisp and refreshing whites.
You’ll find this bicycle ride a truly unforgettable way to experience the natural beauty and exceptional wines of the Gimblett Gravels Wine Region. And, hopefully, you will carry the memories of this cycling trip with you for a lifetime. The Gimblett Gravels Wine Region is a true gem of New Zealand, offering you a chance to experience the best of both worlds: stunning scenery and world-class wines.
Duration: 5 hrs (allow 1 hour per winery)
- Ash Ridge Winery (Thu – Sun, 11-5)
- Unison Vineyards (Fri – Sun, 11-4)
- Stonecroft (Fri – Sun, 11-4)
- Oak Estate (Thu – Sun, 11:30-4)
- Trinity Hill (Wed – Sun, 11-5)
Rental Start and Return: Roy’s Hill
This ride starts and finishes at our shop next to Ash Ridge Winery at Roy’s Hill.
- We do not transport riders or bikes to start in other locations and will not collect bikes or riders at the end.
- All renters must be present at pick up to sign a liability release form.
- Please read our rental and cancellation policies prior to reserving bikes.
Hours of Rental
Rental time is from the hour selected during booking until 5pm – All bicycles must be returned by 5pm. Failure to do so will result in a late fee of $5 per half hour, or part thereof, until bikes returned.
Lunch and Wine Tasting Bookings
Wineries are limiting group sizes for their wine tasting and do require advance bookings for groups larger than four people. We will send you more advance route details, including contact information, once you book in with us. Please note: we do not do these bookings on your behalf.
Bookings cancelled more than 7 days from hire date can receive a refund less transaction fees. Bookings cancelled within 7 days will receive a voucher to book again at another time. Bookings cancelled within 24 hours prior to the hire date are non-refundable.
Winery Opening Days
Opening Hours for the wineries for summer 2023 until Easter 2024. Subject to change without notice.