Electric Bike hire
Our Electric Bike are pedal assist – making cycling feel effortless – which means you’ll be able to cover one of the winery route with less strain & effort than traditional bike riding. Keep up with the crowd on a comfortable – and surprisingly zippy – Electric Bike!
10:00am to 5:00pm
1-5 Km between wineries
Choose wineries en route*
A few places for lunch
From $90.00 per person
* Dependant on day – some wineries may be closed. **Price is subject to a 4% Card Processing Fee (non-refundable). Inclusive of GST
Electric Bike tour overview
Meet up at our shop located on a vineyard in the heart of Hawke’s Bay’s premium wine growing regions. One of our team get you familiar on how to operate the electric bike.
Plan a Route
There are two routes you can choose from (sometimes we combine both mid-week when fewer wineries are open). We will take you through a map of the region and the wineries you can visit. Allow 3-4 stops for wine tasting.
Easy to Ride electric bikes
If you are not sure your fitness is up to it, or worried about “slowing” the group down then an electric bike may just be the answer for you. With a rear hub drive pedal assist motor that makes use of the gears on the bike, this efficient system can help you when you need it.
Just start pedaling and the small motor starts assisting you, making it easier to pedal. It will cease assisting once you stop or apply the brakes. They can assist you to a maximum speed of 32kph. Our electric bikes are available in one size to suit most adults.
Hours of Fun
Visit each winery and try some delicious wines. Pick a place to lunch overlooking the vines and remember to get a bottle or two to enjoy later. There is a small selection of wineries that do offer food too.
Price rangePer person 10:00am start (upto 7 Hours) $90.00 + $3.60 Card Fee 11:00am start (upto 6 Hours) $85.00 + $3.40 Card Fee 12:00pm start (upto 5 Hours) $79.00 + $3.16 Card Fee
Places to Eat on your winery tour
Te Awa Restaurant
Additional Information for your Electric Bike Tour
- Hire includes: Bike hire and helmet from 10am to 5pm (11am start in winter), route map, and roadside assistance.
- Hire does NOT include: Tasting charges that apply at wineries. Transfers from or to accommodation. Collection of purchases from wineries.
- There is a wine tasting cover charge at each winery you visit of between $8-$15 per person, which is redeemable against wine purchases.
Please Note: Cycling is an outdoor activity and we operate in both rain and sunshine. Please bring appropriate clothing for the intended weather forecast.
Online bookings close one hour prior to departure on the day of booking. If you are looking for bikes after 10am on the day of departure please come to our offices and see what is available.
Reservations may be canceled by email up to 24 hours prior to the reservation date. Please see our Cancellation and Refunds page for more information about refunds. If cancellation is within 24 hours or on the day, no refunds will be given.
Hours of Rental
Rental time is from the hour selected during booking until 5pm – All bicycles must be returned by 5pm. Failure to do so will result in a late fee of $5 per half hour, or part thereof, until bikes returned.
Location of Rental
- All rentals start and finish at our offices. We do not take bikes to other locations and will not collect bikes from other locations.
- Customers must be present at pick up to sign a liability release form.
- Helmets are required to be worn at all times.
- Please read our rental and cancellation policies prior to reserving bikes.